- Removal of loose concrete and asphalt from existing driveway
- Path just through yard to rear entrance of shed
- Connecting main driveway and both paths to shed to entrance/exit lane
- Grading of rear and front paths to shed
- Application of Hot-mix asphalt to graded and overlay areas
- Begin digging out area to form path to front and rear entrances of existing shed
- Removal of tree roots and application of herbicide to new drive areas
- Removal of any severely damaged pre-existing asphalt
- Apply GAB aggregate to new additions and any areas where pre-existing asphalt was removed
- Clean off any remaining pre-existing asphalt
- Apply asphalt bonding agent to remaining asphalted areas.
- Apply hot-mix asphalt to all graded and tack coated areas
Spalding Concrete prides itself in our ability to provide the utmost in customer service. This means that, for some projects, our biggest challenge lies within meeting our customers expectations. This particular project would be one that falls under this category.
This driveway, once prepped and ready to pave, was pretty cut and dry. We did not have any extreme hills, or walk ways, or even weather to contend with. We were able to lay over 100 tons of asphalt in a pretty short time span. Once compacted we left a smooth even finish that left, yet another, satisfied customer.
Our biggest challenge was during the preparation of the driveway prior to the asphalt paving. Our customer wanted a new path added on to his existing gravel drive. This path lead to the back of his shed, where he had one to the front entrance, also connecting to his main driveway to his house. Our expert team were able to cut the best path for the customer, while not disturbing his foliage. This path also posed the challenge of tree roots. We were able to make short work of the roots, while disposing of them in a way that satisfied the customers need to not disturb his natural wild flower bed. This combined with our ability to be precise when grading our GAB, left the customer completely satisfied with not only his asphalt, but the time and attention we paid to his yard while preparing and cleaning up.
Our attention to detail and ability to satisfy all of our customers needs and concerns left another long time, and satisfied customer.